I am the Founder & CEO of OptimHR Services an HR consulting firm specializing in helping small to midsize businesses optimize their HR processes and develop data driven solutions to minimize human capital costs while increasing productivity. Previously, I worked for a Fortune 500 company as a Human Resources Manager where I focused on improving employee productivity, HR compliance, and implementing HR strategy aligned with business initiatives. I am also a certified John Maxwell Team Speaker, Coach & Trainer and a certified DISC Behavioral Analysis Consultant.
I have always had a passion for serving others in the community. I am involved in several other non-profit groups and ministries serving women and children. I enjoy reading, outdoors, and traveling.
Served as the first point of contact for the HR community on people analytics and dashboards. Provide education and training to HR community to help drive data driven decision making.
• Analyzed labor costs within the product line business resulting implementing a new hiring strategy to reduce costs by 15%.
• Analyzed the diversity makeup of the organization on a regular basis leading to data driven decisions and adjustments to strategic diversity plans which lead to a 5% increase in diverse hires.
Human Resources Manager
Provided strategic HR advice for multiple manufacturing and services sites with 350+ employees. Served as key change leader and primary communicator of HR activities, programs, services and policies to staff and managers. Developed annual learning and development strategy, recruit / attain best talent, and ensure timely, accurate, confidential, and consistent administration of all pay, benefits and human resource information system tracking policies and procedures
• Facilitated and coordinated a performance development week, including face-to-face and webinar training, videos, and games, with focus on successfully training and educating employees on performance management processes and tools.
• Instrumental in reducing costs and legal risks for company by aiding managers on optimum restructuring processes and procedures
Provided insightful and strategic direction on all HR functions for multiple manufacturing and services sites with 200+ employees, including Talent Management, Talent Balance, Performance Management, Employee Relation Investigations, Training, Employee Engagement, Rewards, and Recognition programs. In addition, served as HR Generalist for Oil & Gas Digital - Houston.
Designed strategies to identify top talent and managed overall recruiting/hiring lifecycle. Implemented strategic engagement plans as well as training on career navigation, diversity, and networking.
• Known as diversity champion; instrumental in achieving strategic goals for OMLP program as well as helping to increase diversity and inclusion.
• Successfully divested portions of business without major issues and without a union campaign as a result of diligent data gathering and report generation process within tight deadline-driven work environment.
• Boosted employee morale by developing and launching perfect attendance and hourly operational bonuses.
• Effectively resolved previous labor and management issues and restored leadership team's credibility while also boosting employee confidence by conceptualizing, planning, designing, developing, and implementing open communication programs such as Birthday Roundtables, Sounding Board Committee and Employee Engagement Plans.
• Increased level of fairness and consistency in hiring processes by closely collaborating with key stakeholders, including compensation team, to develop pay matrix and promote clear understanding of hourly positions.
• Initiated review sessions and development plans with leaders on succession planning.
Delivered insightful and experienced leadership of human resource operations, including strategy, programs and policies for 200 employee manufacturing plant. Engaged in talent acquisition/retention, performance management, compensation and benefits administration, and professional development. Developed comprehensive, proactive staff relations programs. Ensured all pay, benefits and human resource information system tracking policies and procedures were administered in a timely, accurate, confidential and consistent fashion.
• Promoted to position based on outstanding performance as a Bilingual HR Specialist.
• Developed and implemented HR survey to identify areas of improvement with communication between staff and HR Department.
• Improved employee morale by designing and launching new programs in employee meetings and social and recreational events.
• Recruited 30 employees for the NDT product line through utilization of creative advertising campaign, including roaming billboards and radio ads while also developing and implementing electronic application process for hourly jobs.
• Boosted operational efficiency and improved atmosphere of open communication between employees and management by recruiting third party consultant / vendor to conduct employee roundtables.
• Managed workers compensation cases successfully leading to 25% reduction in costs