• Strong communicator, multitasking, highly organized
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite
• Proficient in Paycom, Kronos, Paychex, PeopleSoft, ADP, SilkRoad Recruiting
• SHRM-CP Certified
• OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Certified
• Business Acumen
• Management Development Institute Graduate (presented by Forging Industry Association)
• Provide day-to-day support to corporate office and multiple manufacturing plants.
• Lead recruitment and onboarding activities.
◦ Increased headcount by 44% from 11/2017 to 11/2019
• Act as a coach/consultant to the management team regarding employee development, training, succession planning, and employee relations.
• Employee Relations champion.
• Cultivate a positive company culture and improve employee morale.
• Research and analyze market trends and make recommendations on compensation and benefits to attract and retain talent.
• Investigate employee complaints and resolve employee conflicts.
• Create, administer and enforce company policies.
• Manage employee benefit enrollment/terminations while working with TPA to solve issues that arise.
◦ Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, HSA, Life, Ancillary
• Ensure compliance with Employment Law.
• Manage employee leaves.
• Complete OSHA Forms 300, 300A, and respond to investigations.
• See Workers' Compensation claims to closure.
• Solely plan and coordinate company events.
• Manage vendor relationships.
• Perform quality audits companywide.
• Perform exit interviews, terminations.
• Cooperatively manage safety program.
• Assist with HR aspects of company acquisitions.
• Provides human resources support on various projects and issues on an as-needed basis.
◦ Re-created company handbook
◦ Policy creation - Bereavement, Cell Phone/Laptop, Smoking/E-Cigarette
◦ Advise President on handling employee relations matters including harassment claims and workplace injuries
◦ Provide guidance on Employment Law
◦ Draft offer letters
◦ Answer ad-hoc questions
• Perform employee relations functions by answering employee requests and questions.
• Lead open enrollment process working with broker on plan selection.
• Lead the recruiting, interviewing and hiring activities within all departments.
• Conduct new employee onboarding and benefit enrollment, managing all paperwork and application processes.
• Submit employee background checks and credentialing.
• Process payroll.
• Prepare and track performance reviews and objectives for employees.
• Coordinate employee training initiatives and creates and carries out development plans.
• Assist with employee exit interviews and termination procedures.
• Work with department leaders in tracking and monitoring employee training and certifications as it relates to specific skill sets and safety concerns.
• Day-to-day generalist support to site managers, supervisors and employees at two locations.
• Recruit, screen, hire, on-board, and conduct weekly orientation.
• Provide counsel, guidance and coaching to line leaders/management on adherence to company policies and procedures as well as compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
• Provide guidance on progressive discipline, communication, wage administration, benefits, performance appraisals, and safety.
• Provide training on union avoidance.
• Maintains all safety processes, and compliance issues.
◦ OSHA Compliance, LOTO Administrator.
• Lead two safety committees.
• Manage workers' compensation claims to closure.
• Interpret policies and procedures and works with management to resolve conflicts to ensure consistency.
As the Human Resource Manager
• Plans, coordinates and administers Agency policies relating to all phases of personnel activities.
• Manages unemployment.
• Maintains compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
• Establishes uniform employment policies and procedures and confers with managers to discuss improvement of working relationships and conditions.
• Serves as internal consultant advising managers regarding specific personnel problems.
• Serve as the HR liaison for Labor Management meetings and union negotiations.
◦ Maintain grievance records and provide information to the union per their request.
• Prepares Employee Handbooks, Policy Manuals and other information, and distributes them in a timely manner.
• Work with broker to create self-funded medical plan.
◦ Process health and life insurance enrollments and any additions or deletions.
• Initiates and directs surveys related to turnover, wages, benefits, morale and other personnel considerations proactively.
• Serve as the agency's Affirmative Action and HIPAA Compliance Officer.
As the Human Resource Generalist/Training Coordinator
• Recruit, hire, train, and retain employees.
• Develop, implement and analyze human resource policies and procedures.
• Participate in union negotiations.
• Coordinate and manage all agency trainings in regulation with Department of Human Services
• Submit training reimbursement for DHS.
• Review the effectiveness of agency training, implementing changes as needed.
• Complete monthly and quarterly training reports, maintain training records, and coordinate employee participation in off-site training events.
• Supported recruitment strategy design and implementation.
• Assisted in developing materials to drive stronger candidate acquisition (referral strategy, social media tactics & tools, job board strategy and college relations).
• Provide financial reporting on recruiting sources and their ROI.