Human Resources Business Partner and Human Resources Generalist looking for his next opportunity:
Some Key Initiatives and Human Resources Accomplishments of Mine:
▪Developed an onboarding and employee engagement program and created exit interview process that decreased turnover 20%
▪ Streamlined recruiting process through data analysis and made key executive-level hires, resulting in $10 million in additional revenue for the company
▪ Developed performance management assessments and metrics for company-wide implementation
▪ Redeveloped employee handbook and operations manual to bring into compliance with State and Federal labor and employment laws (FMLA, EEOC, etc)
▪ Spearheaded initiative to change benefits and payroll providers saving the company $45,000
▪Was in the process of creating an internship partnership with an HBCU in the Austin area
What Human Resources Business Partner Initiatives Are You Working On Now?
▪Combatting conscious and unconscious bias in the workplace
▪Getting human resources professionals (and others) to think differently about employee engagement, talent development, and truly becoming HR activists
Where Did You Come From?
▪Former successful agency recruiter who built relationships in a down market and managed to help my boss become partner in the firm
▪Built a business around partnering with tech organizations to create content on recruitment, labor laws, talent management, and inclusion
▪Top producer in the hospitality industry - Built relationships with clients, generated recurring revenue and helped with employee engagement initiatives.
I earned my SHRM- CP in June 2019.
I am actively involved in my community through organizations such as the Austin Human Resources Association, Hacking HR, and serve as the Vice President of the University of North Texas Austin Alumni Association.
Serve as sole HR contact for 170 employees
Led HR initiatives for company and supported 21 properties and 4 company entities
• Managed all employee relations and performance issues
• Supported managers with employee related needs and counseling
• Drafted policies and procedures in line with company directives
• Counsel for managers and conducted employee terminations, disciplinary actions, and investigations
• Primary human resources contact for four different companies•
Responsible for benefits and 401k administration
• Lead entire recruiting process
• Reduce turnover 20% due to creation of onboarding program and employee engagement process
• Made key executive and middle management hires that produced $8 million in revenue in 2019
• Developed performance management assessments and metrics for company-wide implementation
• Spearheaded initiative to change PEO and Payroll providers, saving the company $45,000