Acquire a leadership position where my experiences can be effectively utilized to improve operations and contribute to the organization/company's profit.
• Literate in MS Words, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Access, Adobe Photoshop, Quark Express,
ADP, QuickBooks, Drake, Quicken, Kronos, Sage & Illustrator
• Ten years of Accounting Experience; with payroll, accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliation, deposits, cost of detail by department reports, W-2 & 1099 processing.
• Five years of bookkeeping experience; Balancing & Maintaining accurate ledgers, Developed monthly financial statements, including cash flow reports, profit & loss statements/balance sheets,
• Human Resources; Recruiting, Hiring Processing, New Employee Orientations, Performance Management.
• Ten year experience with Quarterly & Monthly tax returns preparation.
• Ability to lead & supervise others in high-demand situations
• Extensive knowledge of personnel/employee relations to include in-house payroll, direct deposits set-ups, Benefits
Enrollments, Wage/Salary administration, Unemployment Compensation, & Worker's Compensation.
• Associate's Degree in Human Recourse. Currently studying for Bachelor's Degree in Accounting & Finance.
• Broad knowledge of Federal & State laws, rules, regulations & guidelines relating to Employment.
• Managed sensitive & confidential matters such as personnel relations, recruitment relations & organizational changes, & protected the security of information data &files.
• Maintained a high level of payroll and tax knowledge to remain in compliance; with payroll policies, Tax
Regulations, Union Contracts and Procedures
Strategic thinker with the ability to translate ideas to solutions.
Experienced in successful management of diverse groups of people.
Highly motivated individual with a track record of dependability.
Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
Team leader and team player.
Supported implementation of HR policies/ guidelines & ensured compliance with fed & state
• Provided counsel to employees & managers on benefits programs & enrollment
• Prepared offer letters & hiring packet. Maintained employee files and performance statuses
• Overseen & facilitated annual open enrollment meeting for 2 (East Coast) offices
• Assisted HR Director in completing HR projects as assigned.
• Prepared Federal, State & Local tax returns for partnerships & corporations
• Performed month-end closing reports including account analysis & reconciliations for various balance
sheet accounts & related journal entries
• Prepared daily general journal entries, Performed monthly bank & credit card account reconciliations,
monthly balance sheet account reconciliations for clients
• Managed over 150 business accounts & 300 individual accounts.
• Executed accounting, & bookkeeping duties using applications such as QuickBooks online & QuickBooks Pro.
• Supported employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee
relationship & promoted a high level of employee morale.
• Conducted I9 employment verifications for all potential new hires & collected relevant documentation.
• Provided payroll with pay change information in a timely manner; assisted payroll to help resolve pay discrepancies regarding changes (pay rate/salary, job title, benefit deductions, etc.) processed into payroll system.
• Reconciled all quarterly wage & tax reports & corrected and adjusted any discrepancies prior to the issuance of W-2's.
• Processed & maintained job costing on payrolls.
• Process benefits enrollments, changes & terminations in a timely manner
• Assisted with online virtual resource processing payrolls & timesheets.
• Manager a team of 15 staff members
• Managed Payroll for 50 clients with 10-150 employees for each client; bringing in the highest in total invoices on my team.