Journalist, writer and editor focused on HCM technology, Human Resources, recruiting, careers and other workforce-related issues. Regular contributor to HR Magazine, SHRM Online, Workforce Magazine, TechTarget and other outlets. Founder and editor of the HCM Technology Report, publishing news and analysis for the HR technology industry. Recognized authority on HR technology, workforce data and AI tools. Recent clips available at www.markfeffer.com
Business reporting with special focus on HR technology and HR, including their use of artificial intelligence and analytics. Expert writer and editor. Video production and editing. Web site content management. Story assignment and development. Web site content strategy and development.
Regularly reports and writes feature articles and analysis for Human Resources industry publications, including several cover stories for HR Magazine. Founder and editor of the HCM Technology Report, providing news and analysys to leaders in the HR technology industry. Develops article ideas, conducts background research, interviews sources, organizes and creates articles, writes, produces and voices podcasts. Regular contributor to Workforce, TechTarget and SHRM Online. Corporate clients include Mitel and Staffing Industry Analysts.
• Developed editorial strategy combining original and curated content, then implemented plan using staff and freelancers. Impact: Organically increased monthly page views from 70,000 to over 700,000 in two years.
• Conceived, developed and produced DiceTV, a weekly video series providing technology job news and advice. Impact: Generated over 1.5 million views and 9,700 hours watched.
• Executed editorial strategy including reporting, video and online webinars while bringing in spending below budget.
• Wrote and edited hundreds of stories including breaking job news, career advice and technology best practices.
Created strategy and oversaw daily editorial production for insights.dice.com, a content service provided by the web's leading technology career site. Managed editorial calendar, assigned and edited daily package of stories and video. Previously served as editor for Dice properties eFinancialCareers.com North America and AllHealthcareJobs.com.
in custom editorial development and content marketing for companies including Dow Jones, Factiva, Webhire, Merrill Lynch and the Association of Clinical Research Organizations (ACRO).
• Managed full-time staff including editors, production manager and sales executive, plus numerous freelancers.
• Authored more than 100 articles on technology, personal finance and accounting.
Co-founder and partner in interactive consulting firm that developed FutureScan, the first Internet-based career guide for high school students. Led on product design and development, reporting, writing and regular website production. Spun off Tramp Steamer Media in 1997.
1984 - 1995
• Developed some of the first consumer online products for publisher of The Wall Street Journal, including Dow Jones Business & Finance Report and Wall Street Journal Personal Finance Library included on the first Quicken CD-ROM.
• Oversaw product line of private investor software products.
• Served on team creating the company's first dedicated online information network.
• Created and developed experimental "Dow Jones Personal Publishing" product line.
As Product Manager, oversaw design, development and operations for Dow Jones Private Investor Services. Oversaw creation of first multimedia consumer products for The Wall Street Journal, researched and developed new product strategies. Previously served as Editor of Database Development, a product development role within online News Department. Founding writer of the Dow Jones Business & Finance Report, one of the first online products dedicated to business news.