HR professional with 7 years of experience and a PHR, experience in but not limited to manufacturing in the areas of recruiting, on-boarding, Employee Relations, payroll, compensation amongst others.
• Design and implement overall recruiting strategy
• Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/colleges etc
• Source and recruit candidates by using databases, social media etc
• Screen candidates resumes and job applications
• Conduct interviews using various reliable recruiting and selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
• Assess applicants' relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes and apply a bilingual assessment.
• Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
• Provide analytical and well documented recruiting reports to the rest of the team
• Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
• Promote company's reputation as "best place to work" as it was awarded with best company as far as diversity.
Administered the compensation program; monitored the performance evaluation program and revised as necessary by benchmarking other companies with similar size.
• Administered base pay and bonus programs, including annual focal review and bonus cycles.
• Assisted with the bonus and commission structure plan.
• Assisted with projects such as survey participation and analysis and compensation integration
• Handled employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
• Assisted in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommended new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
• Performed benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
• Educated and advised employees on group health plans, voluntary benefits, and 401(k) plan.
• Developed, launched and administered new hire orientation program for 100 temporary employees and 25 full time employees annually.
• High-impact communicator effectively presenting and conveying information with customers, team members, and top tier executives.
• Maintained accurate employee records using ADP, Success Factors, People Soft and Chronos for time keeping.
• Managed and monitored compliance of the Affirmative Action Plan.
• Member of the company labor relations committee during negotiations
• Managed the company's transitional payroll processing with very short notice.
• As part of the "Team", helped to process the converting to paperless application
• Guided new providers through transition of Payroll, Benefits, and other modules.
• Developed new procedures for the HR Department.
• Trained Site Managers in Human Resources/Payroll.
• Reviewed and revamped the handbook for 2 companies
• Best practices for HR according to State and Federal laws.
• Entering new hire/rehire employees in ADP system
• Monitored compensation program and bonus structure.
• Coordinating onboarding virtually since the offices I managed were in other states.
• Answer questions from employees.
• Do bi weekly payroll for the offices I was in charge of (They were about 400 people in total)
• Verify with managers the employees PTO and their time was approved and makes changes if it had to be done.
• Calculate for every employee who has benefits what their total amount due during pay day.
• Conference calls with managers to find the right fit for the right person.
• Cold calling to candidates and make appointments for interviews.
• Negotiate with candidates with the committee's approval.
• As a Human Resources Coordinator I was expected to take on clients and interview them about their HR needs. Some of them needed head hunting experts for A level positions in q international companies. I made reports and sourced through are data base. The location of the company was in El Salvador but we took clients from Latin-American.
• Furthermore, some clients needed for us to help them with their payroll and benefits area. I learned and exceeded expectations on how to calculate with small, not user friendly software.
• We also proceeded in a project which had syndicates and had to create a strategies for workers to feel in a good working environment in the company since it had lots of turn over.
• We took various clients and through our Human Resources guru successfully completed and satisfied our customers.