Recruiter with three years of experience matching great talent to open positions in a fast-growing startup. Hire technical and non-technical roles, collaborate with department heads to refine searches, partner with HR to ensure best practices, and work towards making the hiring process easier through automation and technologies.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Overseeing Full Cycle Recruiting for Startup - Interviewing, Vetting, Hiring, and Giving Orientation
- Filling Job Openings with Best-Matched Talent - Hiring Under Inclusivity and Diversity Program
- Partnering with Hiring Managers to Define Hiring Needs - Engaging Remotely: Slack, Zoom, Email, Phone, Chat
- Writing Job Requisitions, Posting on Job Boards - Applicant Tracking Systems, Automating Processes
- Screening and Sourcing, Background Checks - LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, AngelList, ZipRecruiter
Avocado is a manufacturer of organic, non-toxic mattresses that sells online only. Promoted to direct and improve upon Avocados recruiting process with automation and diversity initiatives. Working directly with HR and department heads, engage in full cycle recruiting for rapidly growing start up.
• Design and implement Avocado's recruiting process as their first Recruiter with systems, guidelines, and core values put in place
• Filled over 50 positions in one year for technical and non-technical roles including Systems Admin, Front
End Developer, Copywriter, Director of Customer Experience, Logistics Manager, and Customer
• Act as point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
• Own the recruitment process from job description through offer letter
Happen to Your Career is a career-boosting program for the unhappy working adult looking for positive change.
Serve as an advisor and cheerleader, ensuring every student makes it through the 12-week Career Change
Bootcamp. Contribute to company growth through active sales and marketing, lead generation, sales calls, and student enrollment - sales quotas are in place. Participate in program improvement initiatives by conducting
surveys and evolving program with student feedback. Balance anywhere from 10 to 30 students per launch.
• Pilot new bootcamp launches through prospecting, sales calls, and webinars - onboard new students
with a 75-80% success rate
• De-escalate student unhappiness issues through active listening and regular communication - often
takes creative out-of-box solutions to realign students; active measures taken to avoid refunds
• Identify at-risk students falling behind by actively following student success metrics - our collective
student success rate is 90-95%
• Apply student feedback, data, and surveys to contribute to program improvement measures
• Serve a diverse field of students from all professions, backgrounds, and learning challenges
• Cultivate genuine and trust-based relationships through remote technologies
Primary goal was to put in place and run a training program to improve sales performance so that sales people can
more confidently talk about products, learn the different e-learning platforms, and close sales. Lead training
program events, initiatives, and direction.
• Instituted Avocado's first formalized training program that has led to amplification of online sales -
company has grown from 5 to 50 new hires and was ranked #1 by Consumer Reports
• Earning high scores in student feedback surveys - averaging 95% for training satisfaction with an 85%
success rate for students completing the program and promoting to permanent positions
• Streamlined recruiting and training schedules - new hires are ready to sell after two weeks of being hired
• Built an innovative training course that ran on GetGuru and Udemy called "School of Customer Service"
that has contributed to the company's success in sales and high customer service scores
• Train new hires on a number of technologies including Slack, Intercom, Zendesk, Salesforce, Stripe,
AirTable, WooCommerce, and Zoom.
Originally hired to manage student customer service, but then quickly promoted to spearhead the school's first e-learning program and department with the goal of reaching a new audience and increasing revenues. Developed the program, drove enrollment through
marketing and sales, and oversaw its operations from payment to orientation to student graduation.
• Successfully converted on-campus programs to online programs - by year 2016, the new online program
supported 30 new courses and brought in $1M a year in new revenue
• Drove enrollment using social media platforms, web ads, events, and targeted mailing lists - grew
enrollment from 100 students in 2011 to 1000 students in 2016
• Handled all online student related matters including advising, academic support services, career
counseling, disability services, and financial aid - main point-of-contact for online student support
• Vetted, recruited, and on-boarded online faculty members ensuring the program provided quality
instructors that led to student feedback scores of 93% or above
• Served as marketing liaison for all campus departments.
• Wrote press releases and web copy; implemented and monitored website analytics
• Planned alumni events such as networking receptions, reunion, golf tournament, and regional receptions
• Assisted with website redesign and launch of new site, and updated and maintained web content
• Trained department staff on how to update department web pages with the CMS (Drupal, Ektron and Sitecore) and wrote technical documentation