Accomplished payroll professional with experience in bookkeeping, accounting and customer service. Highly effective in reorganizing and improving financial operations to maximize performance. Recognized as a hard working professional with attention to detail and who is able to communicate to all levels of the organization effectively.
What I like most is working with numbers and tying them together like a puzzle. This is helpful to my research in clearing items off reconciliation reports.
• Provide day-to-day support for the student payroll
• Supervising staff of two and train them to ensure the payroll is processed timely per university deadlines
• Arrange Bank Reconciliation meetings between Payroll and Finance departments to review discrepancies and resolve outstanding issues such as stale checks.
• Coordinate payroll for staff, faculty and Public Safety from Timesaver reports for input in ADP Rapid Pay Data Entry on a semi-monthly basis.
• Calculate Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability for staff and collaborate directly with HR to reconcile benefit payments.
• Process payroll for student workers and Union staff from timesheets for input ADP Rapid Pay Data Entry on a semi-monthly basis for two campuses.
• Respond to student/staff queries in person and via phone/e-mail about time sheets, pay stubs, and general hiring procedures according to university policies.
• Responsible for Federal Work Study reporting and reconciliation for each payroll utilizing Excel and submission to Accounting and Finance departments.
• Data entry of international students into the Windstar International Tax Navigator program.
• Office tasks included ordering office supplies, collecting phone messages, greeting clients, sorting mail and scheduling appointments.
• Responsible for collecting and processing accurate data for payroll, including direct deposits and employee pay adjustments utilizing Sage MAS 90 software.
• Assisted CPA with audits, bank reconciliations, general ledgers, bookkeeping and account analysis.
• Successfully resolved any federal and state tax notices and discrepancies.
• Processed invoice entries, online transfers and payments.
• Processing an average of 20 payrolls daily with varying levels of complexity through SecureCRT Unix based software.
• Maintained new employees, terminations, taxes, addresses and direct deposit.
• Proven expertise in preparing payroll tax files, quarterly reports, and annual W2's.
• Highly competent in handling the most clients and largest private sector account in the company.