Experienced HR professional with demonstrated excellence in supervision, training, employee relations, OD and payroll functions. Excels at all aspects of recruiting, training, and retaining quality employees. Innovative team leader with excellent communication and leadership skills; takes initiative to improve policies and procedures to benefit the organization and its employees.
Provide advanced life support for sick and injured patients. Communicate professionally with the patient, family members, hospital staff and community members regarding pre-hospital care.
• Preform assessments, treatments and interventions per established protocols.
• Administer proper medications to sick and injured patients
• Write comprehensive reports regarding care performed
Assists in providing strategic human resources business partner services for global client group(s), as well as supporting operational human resources initiatives, programs and actions. Assists with the planning, development and implementation of global HR initiatives in support of strategic business goals. Supervise, guide and direct HR Generalist in daily duties.
Served as leader for 10 trainers and 1 supervisor for all new hire training. Create policies, procedures regarding training. Managed forklift and towmotor training for over 400 Associates. Managed recertification efforts of over 1000 Associates in 3 different locations.
• Immediately cleared a training backlog of over 80 Associates who needed training
• Implemented a new system where training was tracked and logged which improved OSHA compliance with recertification
• Implemented new policies and procedures which improved the training flow
• Recruited, screened and hired new trainers to improve the student-instructor ratio
• Manage badging process for new hires and ensured information was entered into system to ensure proper pay
• Obtained new equipment to give a better experience to new hires
Served as main human resources contact for HLNA associates for associate relations, policies, procedures, and related assignments. Communicates with diverse groups and individuals directly, clearly, and professionally. Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt, nonexempt, and contracted associates. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Created, maintains, and upholds company handbook & HR policies.
• Performed full-cycle recruiting for all employment levels from Associate to Manager
◦ Hired over 20 people in a one year period.
• Successfully managed company growth from 60 Associates to over 90 within a year period.
• Maintained a turnover ratio of less than 1% every quarter.
• Work closely with legal for labor laws, FLSA regulations and proper job descriptions
• Mentored other Human Resources representatives on employee relations.
• Acts as primary contact for all inter-company assignment transfers and/or relocations
◦ Coordinated more than 10 new hire and inter-company moves from state to state.
• Leads the HLNA Associate Relations committee
◦ Planned and Coordinated 5 events for Associate and family members.
• Created several new policies that are implemented region-wide including: company to company transfers, military leave, paid time off, and personal leave
• Manage H1B and green card applications for entire region
• Conducted I-9 audits for regional companies
• Conducted several investigations including harassment, discrimination and retaliation claims
• Manage unemployment claims and maintain a 95% success rate
• Managed HRIS entry using ADP EV5 system
Provided payroll support for MEI, OWL, HLNA, and OSL. Assisted with full-time processing through ADP. Maintained payroll database; researched and resolved payroll issues. Collected and analyzed data and made recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Accurately keyed payroll related data to process and met appointed schedule
• Kept abreast of payroll processing system and changes in wage/tax laws, DOL regulations and corresponding with federal, state and local agencies
• Tier II level support for HRIS system for HLNA companies and administration functions
a division of Honda Logistics North America
Interpret Human Resource company policy and procedures and provide guidance to plant management. Conduct interviews, perform onboarding tasks and gave hiring recommendations for new associates, team leaders, and supervisors. Worked with management on concerns surrounding FMLA, Employee Health and Safety, and associate morale. Investigate associate conduct issues and manage pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug testing.
• Developed Military Leave policy, Perfect Attendance policy and assisted in revising several other policies
• Updated the Salary handbook, used as a guide for over 200 salaried associates
• Monitored workforce stability, perfect attendance and Honda badging program
• Introduced a new benefit for the company that over 80 associates took advantage of in the first four months.
• Project lead for company in new HRIS system upgrade
• Proposed and executed a company event that included over 870 associates and guests
Army Commendation Medal (2013), Bronze Star Medal (2008), and Army Achievement Medal (1998).
• Held various positions including course manager of Advanced Non-Commissioned Officer course
◦ Supervised 10 instructors and 60 students
◦ Successfully managed 10 courses over a 8 year period and created 5 training programs
Supported Army training and leader development strategy goals.
• Managed individual development plans and the Army Career Tracker System
• Facilitated Multi-Source assessments and feedback
Directly supervised over 100 correctional officers and performed human resources tasks.
• Carried out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
• Interviewed, hired, and trained employees; managed and directed work; appraised performance; rewarded and disciplined employees; addressed complaints and resolved problems