Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Many ATS to include Akken and Jobvite
Married. Three children. Enjoys fly fishing, writing, wood working and motorcycles.
• Manage the talent selection process, employer brand strategy as it relates to talent acquisition, monitoring effectiveness on an ongoing basis and implementing enhancements as the company evolves.
• Develop short and long term recruiting strategy to support business lines with a clear understanding of the business to drive the team toward execution of a successful recruiting strategy in order to meet business goals.
• Build regional talent acquisition infrastructure in terms of team selection / policies and procedures.
• Influence workforce planning to meet short and long term talent needs through demonstration of labor market expertise and knowledge of trends.
• Implement staffing solutions including:
- Development and management of relationships with staffing partners, social media/job boards and recruiting firms.
- Development of a supplier panel with the support of the HR community and Purchasing teams.
- Identification and cultivation of partnerships with colleges/universities and professional organizations.
- Coordination with C&B to define appropriate salary ranges vs market while respecting internal equity
- Respect of employer branding rules.
• Create and maintain campus recruiting initiatives including co-op/intern/apprentice program to support the organization's talent acquisition and pipeline strategy.
• Lead effective talent selection initiatives by developing and implementing organizational programs and training for managers, HR Managers and Recruiters including but not limited to sourcing, evaluation and selection methodologies (based on Recruitment Toolkit).
• Develop programs and initiatives associated with recruiting/hiring a diverse workforce. Communicate on an ongoing basis with HR Network and business leaders regarding diversity recruitment efforts and results.
• Manage talent acquisition staff including recruitment, development and retention to ensure talent acquisition goals are achieved. Forecast recruitment team resources (full time and contract personnel) to meet organizational goals.
• Compile and analyze weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual recruitment metrics. Establish priorities/goals and acquisition plans for talent acquisition staff. Implement continuous improvement.
• Implement, manage and utilize Group designated applicant tracking system.
Key Accomplishments: Over 115 hires year to date saving well over one million dollars year to date.
(Owner purchased DMS and I was invited)
Tooling Engineering / Product Engineering / Tooling Machining Manufacturing Company
Driven, efficient, focused HR professional with experience and success in employee relations, policy management, employee development, strategic project management while bringing an innovative approach to human resource management. Highly motivated, intuitive, analytical professional with strong listening, verbal, and written skills. Proficient in prioritizing and completing tasks in a timely matter but also flexible enough to multitask when necessary. Experienced in culture building, team-building, and goal setting.
Reporting directly to the CEO, Established the Human Resources Department, a first in the history of the fifty year old company, established relationships with executive leadership team, all department leads /supervisors/ and most importantly all employees. Managed recruiting, head count, set up and conducted employee engagement surveys, performance management, performance improvement, and skip level meetings. Stayed within budget, kept all recruiter / staffing agency rates at a desired percentage, improved turn around time and days to fill on all corporate and production positions. Established the Recruiting Process, reduced cost per hire utilizing job boards, Social Media, and Networking. As the HR Manager heavily involved in HR process improvement, Employee retention, succession planning, and head count target goals. Conducted Lunch and Learns, facilitated all team building events and exercises, contributed to monthly employee newsletter, health and wellness, conflict resolution, ever focusing on employee experience and company goals and objectives. Focused on being the employee advocate while equally focusing on the bottom line.
Quality Engineering / Quality Containment Service based company in Six states currently and expanding.
Established the Recruiting process for all corporate recruiters, Installed first Applicant Tracking system used in the history of the company, established relationships with over thirty contract employment agencies, reviewed and selected preferred vendors, Managed head count for all new projects and launches in six states, set up performance management plans, stayed within budget, kept all staffing agency rates at a desired percentage, improved turn around time and days to fill on all corporate positions via metrics. Established the Recruiting team. This group directly supports six states and many customer locations. Stayed within budget and reduced cost per hire by 25% utilizing ATS, Social Media, and Networking. A team of four covering six states, managing 911 situations for customers such as General Motors, Nissan, Honda, BMW, and Volkswagen. Many Tier One suppliers supported as needed. Working directly with the Corporate HR Manager heavily involved in HR process improvement and Recruiting continuous process improvement. Employee retention, succession planning, and head count target goals.
Project Based Engineering Firm supporting programs in 20 countries, 80 offices worldwide with a focus on Automotive, Aerospace, Rail, Energy, Transportation, and IT projects. U.S. office start up located in Troy, Mi.
Recruited CEO, Sales Management Team, Finance Team, and established Recruiting team. This group directly supports the Americas and India operations with overlap in France. Stayed within budget and reduced cost per hire by 25% utilizing ATS, Social Media, and Networking. Developed all recruiting and on-boarding procedures, Implemented ATS, Social Media presence and office is fully functioning.
APPLIED SOLUTIONS INC., St. Clair Shores, Michigan
Operations / Recruiting Manager, 5/15/2006-(Office closed 8/1/2014)
Staffing Agency focused on Tier 1 and Tier 2 Automotive Suppliers. Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Light
industrial temp and contract placement agency.
Established Recruiting Team of four technical recruiters. Fully supported sales team, managed office manager, reception, and maintenance staff. Managed operations and recruiting budget. Slashed recruiting costs by 10% consistently each consecutive year. Wrote and developed all recruiting procedures, emergency contingency plans, employee training programs. Developed records retention program, including digital asset management. Developed and maintained IT backup systems and disaster recovery planning. Worked with insurance brokers to ensure company is properly covered (including general liability, workman's compensation, umbrella, etc.) Negotiated preferred vendor arrangements with company vendors. Established IT support and service. Best practices development and maintenance including LEED Certification project and Green initiatives.
Recruiting Manager for Volkswagen of America, Audi USA, and Bentley Motors. Providing full cycle recruiting.
First contracted recruiter to ever be hired direct by VWoA within one year.
Implemented first applicant tracking system utilized by HR.
Managed recruiting budget of $2,000,000.00
Reduced cost per hire from approximately $3000.00 to $1,500.00.within the first year.
Assigned the project of implementing structured / behavioral-based interviewing and accomplished this task under budget and within one year.
Established both internal and external staffing and recruiting procedures and metrics.
Met corporate diversity objectives increasing diversity hiring from less than 10% to 32%. 2% above goal!
Wrote and established Recruiting performance management / improvement plans for in-house recruiting team.
Established vendor recruiting report cards for Senior Level positions when utilizing outside staffing such as the Harvard Group, MRI, or ASG team
Selected and managed team of four internal recruiters