HR leader interested in remote / part time assignments allowing me to leverage my skills, and experience for mission driven organizations. Currently, I am employed as: HR Manager at New York University Rory Meyers College of Nursing with experience spanning nonprofit and higher education institutions. My background in HR includes managing recruitment and retention of academic faculty and staff for international academic sites in Abu Dhabi, UAE and Shanghai, China.
My experience includes the following areas: recruitment (exempt and non-exempt positions) interpretation, administration and compliance of collective bargaining agreements, employee relations, compensation, job analysis, legal compliance (NY state, Federal, local - NYC), leave administration, on-boarding.
Education: B.A., music; M.A., postsecondary education; SHRM-CP
Systems experience: Workday, ICims, Interfolio
Promoted to Manager
• Manage full cycle recruitment and onboarding for full-time faculty, research employees, exempt and non-exempt positions; advise search committees and managers on recruitment strategy, policy and best practice.
• Interpret and ensure compliance with local, state and federal employment law, organizational policies and terms of collective bargaining agreements for unionized employees.
• Provide employee relations guidance concerning probationary employees and routine issues.
• Manage employee data in HRIS, Workday, evaluate and respond to inquiries; manage faculty leave of absence (FMLA, ADA, sabbatical, workload reduction), visas and green cards.
• Administer annual merit increase and performance review process, educate employees and managers on goal setting; consult with HR Director to address compensation issues, promotions, job reclassifications, and job description updates.
• Partner on integration of College's performance review in HRIS, Workday; collaborate to execute enhancements, HR communication, performance template revisions and troubleshoot issues.
• Lead new faculty orientation and development of online faculty orientation and onboarding content; arrange trainings that build and develop awareness of diversity and inclusion.
• Oversee academic appointment administration for academic staff; ensure compliance with faculty handbook.
• Led full time continuing contract, and tenured/ tenure-track faculty recruitment process. Managed full cycle recruitment for exempt and non-exempt positions.
• Interpreted and ensured compliance with local, state and federal employment law, organizational policies and terms of collective bargaining agreements for union employees.
• Oversaw academic appointment administration for faculty and academic staff, ensure compliance with faculty handbook and operational procedures.
• Led new hire orientation, facilitated equal opportunity and affirmative action training.
• Managed employee data in HRIS, Workday, evaluated and responded to inquiries; managed faculty leave of absence (FMLA, sabbatical, workload reduction), visas and green cards.
• Administered annual merit increase and performance review, process.
• Managed faculty recruitment for NYU Abu Dhabi and NYU Shanghai; advised academic leadership, departments
and search committees on recruitment strategies, advertising, policies and legal requirements.
• Maintained job requisitions in applicant tracking system; prepared recruitment metrics and reports.
• Planed domestic and international faculty recruitment events; oversaw recruitment budget per position.
• Drafted employment offer letters, managed academic staff appointments and promotions in HRIS, Workday.
• Maintained and benchmarked policy for postdoctoral researcher benefits and compensation.
• Served as primary assistant to Sr. Vice Provost Dr. Ron Robin and Vice Provost C. Cybele Raver.
• Provided administrative and logistical support for strategic initiatives, academic assessment council and postdoctoral fellowship program.
• Coordinated recruitment interview schedule for faculty candidates, managed calendars and travel itinerary.
• Trained new employees on University policies and procedures and managed student worker staff.
• Provided assistance to the Dean for daily functioning of the Dean's Office.
• Managed logistics for academic department reviews, committees, applications for promotion and tenure;
drafted official memos, reports, documents and maintained high levels of confidentiality.
• Updated and maintained department spreadsheets, online databases and class schedules.
• Arranged logistics for summer programming; served as contact for scheduling rooms, conferences and events.
• Managed box office reservations, provided customer service and ticket sales support.
• Performed shows as a full-time actor and led guided, interactive tours of the theatre.