A department of one where one serves all: Compassion. Logic. Evidence. Modern Human Resources.
HR Department of One as a servant-based leader taking ownership of a full-service Human Resources Department for employers of 50-300 employees.
Start-up Savvy writing and installing missions, visions, and values; guiding cultures; and coaching executives.
Mergers & Acquisitions welcoming new employees to our business as well as managing audits to ensure data integrity maintaining citation-free audits.
Modern & Experienced blending traditional human resources best practices with fresh approaches and programs leveraging new technology enabling us to focus on the next step.
Human Resources Skills
❖ HRIS/MS Systems - Paychex, ADP, BambooHR, Workday, SAP SuccessFactors, Red Carpet by Silk Road, iCIMS, NimbleSchedule, SwipeClock, Kronos
❖ HR Policies & Procedures Development and Technical Writing
❖ Executive Coaching
❖ Employment Law
❖ Benefits and COBRA Administration
❖ Mergers & Acquisitions
❖ Employee Relations
❖ Orientation & OnBoarding
❖ HR File Management and Compliance
Newly remodeled 380-bed, 500,000 sq ft senior living community, independently owned, specializing in skilled nursing, memory care, assisted living, and independent living.
❖ Recovered and reinitialized Paychex HRIS after implementation fully utilizing Hiring, Time & Attendance, and Benefits modules, in addition to training 20 managers and delegates.
❖ Digitized the entire physical employee record system for roughly 400 employees, past and present, equalling roughly 42,000 pages of information.
❖ Reorganized New Hire Orientation transferring mandatory in-person training to qualified CBT lessons and reduced the time-to-train of each employee by 4 hours each.
❖ As a Department of One, handled administration for 205 employees while reducing turnover from 104% to 86% within 9 months.
● Instituted the company's first benefits plan for Medical, Dental, and Vision in September 2017 with employer-provided premiums; expanded to Cafeteria Plan, STD, LTD, Life, Pet Insurances in September 2018.
● Implemented our HRIS, BambooHR in addition to our time management software SwipeClock.
● Drive recruiting initiatives more than doubling our company population from 55 to 140.
● Managed the certifications for all of our employees including pre-hire authorizations, annual renewals, and terminations as well as reducing the cost by $16,000 annually.
● Responsible for the general day-to-day responsibilities of a typical HR department for 80 Phoenix-area employees and high-level administration of 60 remote employees.
Decentralized corporate office in Scottsdale administering six senior living communities in Massachusetts, Wisconsin, and New Mexico and two rehabilitation centers in Kentucky.
● Standardized job descriptions for 28 different positions in six locations and conduct salary surveys to standardize and normalize employee compensation.
● Wrote standard and industry-specific human resources policies and procedures and edited external policies for compliance and syntax.
● Transformed recruiting from a reactive process to a proactive process by utilizing an applicant tracking system and introducing an employee referral policy to build a talent pool while saving the business $10,000 annually.
● Performed payroll runs for both semi-monthly and biweekly pay periods.
● Maintained PEO relationship through Oasis and TriNet.
Fortune 5 global automotive and technology company’s decentralized Information Technology Innovation Center in Chandler, AZ.
● Conduct orientations for prospective new hires, ensuring transparency and promoting retention of interviewing candidates.
● Deliver personal and structured training to GM personnel, specifically interviewing and interview techniques including Lominger competencies and general Human Resources knowledge.
● Spearhead GM's Best Companies AZ initiative to bring brand awareness to the Phoenix Metropolitan Area.
● Promoting the GM brand throughout the Valley by speaking at various events and job fairs in the area.
● Process reports and audit data for C-Level HR managers - primarily: headcount, attrition rates at all US locations, and EEOC guidelines.
Mid- to large-size supermarket chain featuring fresh, organic, farm-to-table goods headquartered in Phoenix, AZ.
● Key administrator for the ADP Enterprise eTime module maintaining data tables, process improvements and enhancements to workflow, and managing company-wide report generation.
● Introduced and championed a new attendance policy in ADP eTime, implementing a brand new point accumulation process as well as developing automatic accumulators for attendance event occurrences.
● Assisted in the implementation of Sprouts' newest HRMS, SuccessFactors, including data conformity and manipulation, in addition to development testing.
● Created training materials for team members' job expansion including ADP Enterprise new hire and change event data entry, eTime schedule changes and event coding mechanics, and SuccessFactors general administration.
● Ensured the clean and easy opening for six new stores' Grand Opening, guaranteeing all systems were accessible and working properly and that all team members could record their time worked.