Job Summary The Human Resources Senior Director will partner with functional business leaders and associates within Avantor to implement key HR processes and programs. This role is responsible for partnering with Executive Leadership to provide strategic HR support in the areas of talent reviews, recruiting strategies, reorganizations, internship program, employee relations, compliance, diversity, performance management, HR analysis, process redesign, strategic succession and people planning, organizational development and career development. MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
• Counsels and advises managers for assigned functional areas on HR issues.
• Provides day-to-day employee relations support for area management and associates.
• Facilitates collaborative problem solving strategies to resolve employee relations' issues through effective communication with all levels of employees.
• Leads in implementing Avantor HR policies and procedures as well as monitoring the effectiveness of these programs. Assists assigned functional teams with the understanding of these programs.
• Ensures that functional teams are trained on recruiting procedures and that appropriate attention is placed on employee retention issues. Works with functional leaders to ensure that performance reviews are done in a timely manner. Works to ensure that career and training opportunities are being identified.
• Serves as key resource for legal/EEO issues and ensures local compliance with federal, state and local employment laws. Ensures implementation and communication of current Affirmative Action Programs. Keeps abreast of advances in HR and shares best practices.
• Conducts critical business analysis of proposed HR initiatives and other changes for the groups supported. As trends develop, provides factual feedback to management, identifying business solutions from a HR perspective.
• Assists management team in developing skills to manage human resources more effectively through modeling, coaching, instruction and training.
• Participates in functional staff meetings and provides HR insights on business issues when necessary.
• Manages projects and/or participates as a project member on company-wide HR initiatives.
• Supports and champions organizational change initiatives and assists field leaders as necessary.
• Manages/mentors direct reports and project leads staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
• Requires 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience. Master's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
• Requires minimum of 10 years of Human Resources experience.
• Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
• Ability to travel a minimum of 10 - 15% for overnight travel.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
• Must have a proven track record of relationship building with both internal and external customers.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to handle employee conflicts and differences by interpreting verbal/ non-verbal behavior, detecting perceptions and needs of employees, understanding and valuing employee differences.
• Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to understand business strategy and goals.
• Requires working knowledge of MS Office and HRIS systems.
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Participation in various committees (wellness, etc.)
• Training programs and strategies
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in an office with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.comand let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
EEO is the Law
OFCCP EEO Supplement
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation