At Stearns Lending, a sourcer is responsible for leading mortgage candidate pipeline activities for Loan Officer roles throughout the US.
• Source/cold call active and passive candidates from various resources, including cold-calling, internet resources, employee referrals and other sources.
• Assist with pre screening process, including interviewing and screening applicants while documenting activity in a contact management system.
• Establish, maintain and grow relationships with regional and branch management in order to understand and support their hiring needs.
Desired Skills, Experience, or Education:
• 4 - 7 years of prior cold calling/sourcing experience required, mortgage industry recruiting experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of mortgage industry terminology, compensation, and organizational structure.
• Ability to work independently and utilize time efficiently.
• Ability to independently source candidates using a combination of cold-calling, internet job boards, and employee referrals
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to effectively interact with mortgage professionals at all levels of experience, both internal and external.
• Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
• Ability to enthusiastically promote company to potential employees.
• Willing to travel, occasional overnight stays required.
Stearns Lending is an equal housing lender and is licensed to conduct business in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Additionally, Stearns Lending is an approved HUD (United States Department of Housing and Urban Development) lender; a Single Family Issuer for Ginnie Mae (Government National Mortgage Association); an approved Seller/Servicer for Fannie Mae (Federal National Mortgage Association); and an approved Seller/Servicer for Freddie Mac (Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation). Stearns Lending is also approved as a VA (United States Department of Veterans Affairs) lender, a USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) lender, and is an approved lending institution with FHA (Federal Housing Administration). Company NMLS# 1854.