In our next spotlight we chatted with Colorado based Katrina Kibben who is one of the more well known job copywriters in our space. She was kind enough to answer a few questions about who she is and what she does.
1. What do you consider your top 3 skills as an HR freelancer?
Listening with an open mind, writing with your true voice, and teaching others how to use simple tactics to become better writers.
2. Describe 2 of your past projects/gigs you were hired for?
I've trained a team of 25 sitting around the world to write better job postings. I've also been hired to interview employees, assess the candidate experience, and make content recommendations for improving the systems in place today.
3. Which project from your past work are you most proud of?
I'm working with a company that's well on their way to finding a cure for cancer and I could not be more proud to be a part of their hiring initiatives.
4. Do you believe the HR/recruiting industry is poised for more freelancers? If yes, why?
Absolutely. In the HR and recruiting industry, professionals are expected to be good at so many things - search, attraction, persuasion, copywriting, and the list goes on. Getting support from specialists where your team may not thrive using freelancers seems like a natural transition for this industry to master all of these critical elements for success.
5. Whats a fun fact you want people to know about you?
As an army brat, I moved 13 times before graduating high school.